The Candidate must have an understanding of automotive industry requirements and standards. We are looking for a flexible engineer, who will embrace the company’s cultural and professional business environment and will work directly with our customers, internal engineering team and with the various suppliers involved in systems & software development.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
• Support Defining/ Integrate software configurations for the application and market specific requirements for all ECUs.
• Work with feature implementation team to ensure clarity on the feature requirements to support configuration of the software.
• Cascade the Software configuration requirements to DRE team to deliver software as per specification.
• Manage software deliveries for individual electrical modules to program milestone and take the lead in releasing the software packages for next phase of development work such as Lab-car, Prototype vehicle and production
• Manage the Software issues and delegate to the DRE team and track the implementation and next phase of delivery
• Ensure software configuration is correct as per the requirements and support DRE team to validate this on lab-car and/or Vehicle
• Software development experience would be ideal
• Understanding functional safety process documentation for automotive systems.
• Work out solutions to engineering issues within the FutureMotiv EE team and report to the customer as required.
• Comply with processes that deliver a robust and configuration controlled working environment for functional safety and software development.
• Understanding on SOTA and Cybersecurity is advantageous, you will be also responsible to ensure the electrical modules are correctly configured to manage the SOTA updates.
Requirements of the position are:
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn fast and to quickly pick up new skills and engineering concepts.
• Ability to follow tasks provided by engineering leads.
• Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Strong hands on, “can do” EE engineering skills.
• Bachelor's Degree (or related professional accreditation) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or Computer Systems Engineering / similar discipline.
• Knowledge of functional safety, in particular ISO 26262 would be an advantage.
• Understanding of embedded automotive software concepts.
• Knowledge of system integration development.
• Knowledge of CAN, LIN, FlexRay, Automotive Ethernet communication busses.
• Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to quality related issues.
• Support effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues.
• Experience working on the CAN tool such as Vector CANalyser, CANoe, CAPL scripts