The Candidate must have automotive industry experience, with a track record of success, and a broad understanding of automotive industry requirements and standards. We are looking for a hands-on technical expert, who will embrace the company’s cultural and professional business environment and will work directly with our customers and with the various suppliers involved in control system development, system design and integration.
You will be responsible leading EMC attribute and ensure component and vehicle meets the performance and compliance requirements.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
• Provide technical expertise to Electrical parts owners and customer team over development activities.
• EMC Technical lead for the projects under your control
• Mange the customer deliverables to meet EMC attribute
• Work and track the vehicle components EMC test reports from supplier, review and provide assessment to supplier and define further action based on the Risk assessment
• Define the EMC compliance process for the project and agree with customer.
• Create the EMC technical specification for component and test specification vehicle
• Working knowledge of all relevant EMC global standards to comply component and vehicle certification
• Guide the internal team and EMC test house to ensure the testing is performed appropriately
• Guide the vehicle engineering to prepare the vehicle for the relevant EMC test
• Provide technical expertise to components supplier and internal team on improving the EMC performance of the component at risk as well as vehicle level.
• Co-ordinate and identify the EMC test house and support in creating RFQ and nominating them
• Create the Vehicle EMC test plan over the project lifecycle to ensure maturity of the vehicle go through the round of EMC phase testing.
• Able to make decision on approving the test report.
Requirements of the position are:
• Strong technical leadership skills.
• Ability to manage task.
• Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in automotive EMC domain, development & testing. Electrical & Powertrain electrification experience a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or related professional accreditation).
• Familiarity with automotive (OEM) specifications and standards.
• Specific detailed knowledge of Electronics control units circuit boards and noise filtering technique.
• Knowledge on electrical vehicle HV and LV clearances rules as best practices
• Knowledge on the vehicle clean and dirty ground techniques.
• Knowledge of EMC testing instrumentation, antennas, probes, oscilloscope, and other instrumentations.
• Knowledge on vehicle body parts bonding that satisfy the common grounding strategy
• Knowledge of Vector Canoe / Canalyser; Analysis of CAN, LIN, FlexRay communication busses.
• Liaise with functional safety team to provide technical expertise to ensure functional safety comply with ISO26262.
• Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to quality related issues.
• Support effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues