The Candidate must have automotive industry experience, with a track record of success, and a broad understanding of automotive industry requirements and standards. We are looking for a hands-on technical expert, who will embrace the company’s cultural and professional business environment and will work directly with our customers and with the various suppliers involved in control system development, system design and integration.
You will be responsible for optimizing the driveline torque demands, traction control, regen slip control and torque delivery performance of electric vehicle programs through close collaboration with the Controls software and Vehicle Dynamics teams. You will own the calibration of the vehicles and evaluation of competitive benchmark
vehicles. You will work with the team to develop program targets, set strategy of vehicle driveline torque demands and test methods.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
• Provide technical expertise to internal and customer team over development activities.
• Gain an in-depth understanding of customer requirements/requests to give clear and concise instructions to the FutureMotiv controls and system integration team.
• Create and organize a development plan to define powertrain torque management strategy on traction control, regen slip control, torque demand from Electronics module to the electric drive unit
• Benchmark competitive vehicles, record relevant information to define the targets and cascade them to other relevant function owners
• Able to calibrate control algorithm and provide expertise to supplier in software development and DV plans for testing
• Able to work and review the vehicle simulation model to optimize the development of the vehicle platform by running various scenarios based around the dynamic performance.
• Crete the test methods, identify required standard to meet and vehicle instrumentation strategies to corelate full vehicle simulation models.
• Liaise with cross function team such as Powertrain, Chassis, controls, Architecture, Autonomous driving and suppliers.
• Liaise with vehicle engineering team to define vehicle test plans and support executing them with suppliers and cross function team
• Work with Functional Safety team to ensure the powertrain control functions compliance with ISO26262.
• Oversee / perform control system design solutions to achieve customer requirements.
• Oversee / perform electrical system bench / vehicle tests and provide analysis on issues found.
• Comply with processes that deliver a robust and configuration controlled working environment for control system development tasks.
Requirements of the position are:
• Strong technical leadership skills.
• Ability to manage task.
• Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in automotive EE/Powertrain systems engineering, control system design, development & testing. Powertrain electrification experience a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (or related professional accreditation).
• Familiarity with automotive (OEM) specifications and standards.
• Specific detailed knowledge of system integration and control system development.
• Deep experience in the transfer of modelled control systems down to implementations in ECUs.
• Familiar with Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow and the techniques for mathematical modelling that are needed to correctly operate these tools.
• Knowledge of Vector Canoe / Canalyser; Analysis of CAN, LIN, FlexRay communication busses.
• Perform safety management activities to relevant standards during all project phases including preliminary hazard analysis, S/DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis.
• Develop / manage safety architectures and safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262.
• Ensure effective communication, containment and action plans with regards to quality related issues.
• Support effective root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions are implemented for quality issues.